XAMPP and SQLite

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP and SQLite

Postby Provolone2 » 06. September 2018 14:39

Dear Sires, this is to make you know my problem:
I used XAMPP for a long time and enjoyed the services given by this excellent software.
Nevertheless since MSQL has been changed by MariaDB database engine, I start to have some problem due that despite I can use MYSQLite during programming, the problem is that almost all the servers available in my country (Argentina) have MYSQL as a database engine. This causes that all the sentences referred to DB handling must be changed.
My questions are:
1) Do you know any software that can change the db sentences from SQLITE to MYSQL, especially as batch mode?
2) Is there any plugin to do this?
3) Which is the last version of WAMPP available containing MYSQL as a db engine?
Thank you for your help and best regards
Provolone2

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: XAMPP and SQLite

Postby Nobbie » 06. September 2018 18:45

SQLite is NOT MySQL (there is no MYSQLite or so). SQlite is a standard different SQL Engine.

Therefore i dont understand, what you mean by "1) Do you know any software that can change the db sentences from SQLITE to MYSQL, especially as batch mode?"?? You cannot have single "sentences" (i.e. "rows") as SQLITE or so. You can drive an SQLITE Database and nothing else. Or you can drive MySQL (MariaDB) and nothing else.

You must use export/import tools on your whole database to change from one engine to the other.

FInally i found a "MySQLite" project (https://mysqlite.soft112.com/) but this is neither a MYSQL project nor a SQLite project, it is a private project to move databases from one to the other engine. There is definately NO support here.
Nobbie

Re: XAMPP and SQLite

Postby Provolone2 » 06. September 2018 22:27

Thanks a lot!!!
Provolone2

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Return to XAMPP for Windows