Bug - Pressing X does not close control panel process

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Bug - Pressing X does not close control panel process

Postby TheTimeYouReadThis » 05. September 2018 03:18

Hi All,

I just installed XAMPP and am having a problem with XAMPP Control Panel v3.2.2 [ Compiled: Nov 12th 2015 ] on a Windows 7 machine.

When I press the X button in the top right corner the xamp-control.exe *32 process does not end when viewed in Windows Task Manager where as it does when you click on the Quit button. If you open XAMPP again, a new process is created each time so that you end up with multiple processes running with the same closing issue as above. The only way to then terminate the process is to right click it and do an End Process. I only have Apache and MySQL services installed and it makes no difference whether either of these are running or whether or not the control panel is opened As Administrator.

I remember having the same problem as this with a C# app I wrote many years ago but can't remember what the problem turned out to be or what the fix was. I seem to recall though that it was a common winforms thing and did find a solution on StackOverFlow.
TheTimeYouReadThis

XAMPP version: V3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows