Site can not be reached

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Site can not be reached

Postby broraxel » 18. July 2018 12:40

I have a weird situation going on. I'm running XAMPP 3.2.2 on my Win10 computer. Everything was running fine, I migrated my wordpress site and worked on it until suddenly I get the message that the site can not be reached. When trying localhost and 127.0.0.1 I reach the dashboard fine, but when i try the subdirectory where my wordpress installation is, i get this message. In Chrome, Firefox & Edge, all show the same message. It seems to time out for some reason. I've searched the forum but haven't found anything similar to this, when the dashboard is working fine but another subdirectory gets a time out. This happened once before, it just stopped working (but dashboard works) and that time I re-installed the site on my computer and it worked, but I've worked for a couple of days on changing the website and I really don't want to start over yet again. Does anyone know what might have happened and how to resolve this?
broraxel

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Site can not be reached

Postby broraxel » 18. July 2018 13:19

Just need to add more info so as to eliminate as a possible error. I run XAMPP as admin and the site that I am working on used to be a secure site (https). Although, I'm not sure that this is it, since it's been working fine for 2 days, and suddenly stopped working. Also, it says "connection reset" and not timeout. If that may be of importance
broraxel

Postby Nobbie » 18. July 2018 16:13

Did you lookup Google and/or WordPress? For example here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic-tag ... ion-reset/

Seems to be a well known issue in WordPress.
Nobbie

Postby broraxel » 19. July 2018 08:39

Solved. Wordfence plugin needed to be deactivated (renamed the directory in plugins). You're a life saver, Nobbie!
broraxel

Return to XAMPP for Windows