Name Issues

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Name Issues

Postby DamianJBurgos » 15. July 2018 22:04

Hello I'm running a 2016 Windows Server.

I'm new to XAMPP, I'm more familiar with IIS.

I would like to set up a Wordpress Website to be accessed from anywhere on the Internet. My domain name is beantownenterprise.com, however, this domain is currently redirecting to a Google SItes url. I would like for my WordPress URL to be wp.beantownenterprise.com my A records is set up and everything is fine but when I open a browser to go to wp.beantownenterprise.com it directs me to XAMPP dashboard, please help! Please show as many steps as possible since I'm still learning. In the future when I finish setting up the design of my Wordpress Website I would like to change the domain name from wp.beantownenterprise.com to beantownenterprise.com
DamianJBurgos

XAMPP version: 7.2.6
Operating System: Windows Server 2016

Re: Name Issues

Postby DamianJBurgos » 18. July 2018 04:09

Any advice?
DamianJBurgos

XAMPP version: 7.2.6
Operating System: Windows Server 2016

Re: Name Issues

Postby Nobbie » 18. July 2018 10:11

Did you carefully read the dashboard?

XAMPP is meant only for development purposes. It has certain configuration settings that make it easy to develop locally but that are insecure if you want to have your installation accessible to others. If you want have your XAMPP accessible from the internet, make sure you understand the implications and you checked the FAQs to learn how to protect your site. Alternatively you can use WAMP, MAMP or LAMP which are similar packages which are more suitable for production.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows