Problem preview in browser

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem preview in browser

Postby lobo125 » 09. June 2018 14:13

Hello.
I am a new member and hope I have posted my problem in the right section.
I have just installed XAMPP on my Windows 10 laptop.
As website editing program I use Dreamweaver 8, but I have a problem with preview in browser.
I have red the section Configure Virtual Host where you use Worldpress as example, but I do not use Worldpress but Dreamweaver
So how can I get Dreamweaver to talk to XAMPP?
I have added the code given by TomXampp, but when I click on Dreamweavers preview in browser option the following error turns up ERROR 404 localhost.
I really hope that someone can help me to make it work.
lobo125

XAMPP version: XAMPP for Windows 7.2.5-0
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Problem preview in browser

Postby Nobbie » 09. June 2018 21:21

lobo125 wrote: but I do not use Worldpress but Dreamweaver

Thats an extremely strange comparison. Wordpress basically is a PHP script running under (Xampps) Apache/PHP. Dreamweaver isnt a PHP script, it also does not run under Xampps Apache and its a totally different infrastructure.

There should be a documentation in Dreamweaver how to run HTML (and maybe PHP) under a local Apache, probably running under "localhost", but as there is NOTHING you can do in Xampp to establish that, you definately should go for a Dreamweaver board and ask how to configure Dreamweaver in order to run the files under "localhost".

Dreamweaver certainly knows kind of "project folder", where you have to put all your HTML files. In Xampp/Apache the folder is c:/xampp/htdocs. You should configure Dreamweaver to put the files into that folder, and also configure Dreamweaver to run the files in http://localhost
Nobbie

Re: Problem preview in browser

Postby lobo125 » 10. June 2018 13:50

Thank you very much for your answer.
I had Apache and PHP installed on my old Windows 7 computer but can not remember how I configured it, so I thought xampp could be a good alternative.
I thought there were something in xampp I could configure to make it work.
Sorry to have troubled you
lobo125

XAMPP version: XAMPP for Windows 7.2.5-0
Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows