Can't access Hostmonster file manager after installing 7.2.4

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can't access Hostmonster file manager after installing 7.2.4

Postby Chuck Jones » 15. May 2018 03:07

I'm entirely new to xampp. I installed xampp 7.2.4 with no problems. It seems to work fine... EXCEPT immediately after installing I can no longer access my internet service provider's (Hostmonster.com) file manager from their cpanel. It returns to a new log-in page. On another computer it works fine. Is it possible someone here might give me some advice?

I have now completely uninstalled xampp and still can't get to the file manager.

Thanks in advance for any tips you may can offer.
Chuck Jones

XAMPP version: 7.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Re: Can't access Hostmonster file manager after installing 7

Postby Chuck Jones » 16. May 2018 20:00

Problem Solved:

Well, I did not get an astonishing amount of help here, but I will share the solution just in case it might help someone else.

The problem has nothing to do with XAMPP. It was purely coincidental with the installation of XAMPP. I live in a remote area and have few choices of decent internet service. Recently AT&T commenced offering a new service for remote areas. They call it Fixed Wireless and it is a great improvement over anything else available here....... with one known exception. They now recognize a design flaw that causes conflict with some secure web sites. I am told they have lots of engineers working on it but do not have a published completion date.
Chuck Jones

XAMPP version: 7.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Re: Can't access Hostmonster file manager after installing 7

Postby Nobbie » 16. May 2018 20:04

Chuck Jones wrote:Well, I did not get an astonishing amount of help here,

You got the amount of help as you provided usefull informations: close to zero.

Chuck Jones wrote:The problem has nothing to do with XAMPP.

Finally one more reason not to get any help from here. This is the Xampp forum. Nothing else.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows