phpMyAdmin - Error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpMyAdmin - Error

Postby bertyb55 » 29. March 2018 12:12

Hi all,

I'm new to XAMPP, so please accept my apologies for being a total newbie.

I've just installed the latest XAMPP 3.2.2 onto my Windows 10 laptop, and whenever I click on the "Admin" button, it loads up a webpage titled "phpMyAdmin - Error" and then tells me that

"The mysqli extension is missing. Please check your PHP configuration. See our documentation for more information."

I've looked at the extension_dir in my php.ini of the php folder, and also checked the config_inc.php in the phpmyadmin folder, but as far as I can see, it's all fine o.O

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
bertyb55

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Re: phpMyAdmin - Error

Postby bertyb55 » 30. March 2018 09:58

Okay, so I found out what caused the issue.

As pointed out by the installer when I ran it every time, saying that my antivirus software could make the installer run into problems, well, I turned it off and ran it again, and lo and behold! It works now.

So if you also run into problems with anything, don't be afraid to turn off your antivirus for the duration of the install. (and disconnect from the Internet if you're paranoid :) )

Hopefully someone will find this useful if they're also running into the same issue.
bertyb55

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Return to XAMPP for Windows