SSL on Virtual Host - doesn't work (bit works on localhost)

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

SSL on Virtual Host - doesn't work (bit works on localhost)

Postby sp5an » 24. February 2018 13:48

Hi

I have installed new XAMPP version 7.2.1 and I have a problem with SSL on virtual hosts. SSL works on localhost:
https://localhost/dashboard/
but does not work on any of the virtual hosts I have - it gives ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR error on Chrome. It does not work on IE either. The virtual hosts have their own addresses under *.dev and *.test domains (defined in the hosts file).

It did worked on some older version of XAMPP I have on disk, I have just copied <VirtualHost> entries from old config file. I have tried adding entries from the _default_ section, even generated new certificate files with the correct ID for the particular host and added them under SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile

The <Directory> entries are added to httpd.conf (vhosts are not under c:\xampp), and vhosts work correctly without SSL.

I have ran out of the ideas.
sp5an

XAMPP version: 7.2.2
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: SSL on Virtual Host - doesn't work (bit works on localho

Postby MOQIMagency » 28. February 2018 07:27

Hi,

i have the same problem since 3 months, i tried all the ways you can find in internet, i get this problem after i reinstall my windows 10, and it was since last december.
i need this fast, please if someone know how i can make this problem gone say me .

thanks
MOQIMagency

XAMPP version: 7.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: SSL on Virtual Host - doesn't work (bit works on localho

Postby gsmith » 02. March 2018 18:56

maybe some examples of you config for these VirtualHosts might be helpful. It's not like we can assume you've configured them correctly because if you did, they would work :D
gsmith

XAMPP version: 0.0.0
Operating System: Win 10/2012R VS 14,15,16

Return to XAMPP for Windows