wordpress cant start with php.ini-development

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

wordpress cant start with php.ini-development

Postby erickdeoliveiraleal » 16. February 2018 21:25

hello, i replaced php.ini content with the one from php.ini-development and after that wordpress cant start. I already fixed the problem here, but it would be nice if in next version it is fixed, I compared both content and it looks very different, maybe it is outdated.

The error is like: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
erickdeoliveiraleal

XAMPP version: 7.2.2
Operating System: windows server

Re: wordpress cant start with php.ini-development

Postby Nobbie » 17. February 2018 12:05

That cannot be fixed. mysql funcions have been removed by PHP 7.x, you must use mysqli oder PDO instead.
Nobbie

Postby erickdeoliveiraleal » 22. February 2018 15:11

I know it, and I changed it on my server. I'm asking to better new defaults, so anyone don't have to face the same problem in the future.
erickdeoliveiraleal

XAMPP version: 7.2.2
Operating System: windows server

Postby Nobbie » 22. February 2018 20:29

erickdeoliveiraleal wrote:I know it, and I changed it on my server. I'm asking to better new defaults, so anyone don't have to face the same problem in the future.

The question remains, is it a problem of php.ini or of WordPress? Why does WordPress go for outdated mysql functions, which part of php.ini triggers WordPress to go for mysql functions and is it a problem of php.ini or of WordPress?? I dont know.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows