it stupid way??

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

it stupid way??

Postby cboys00 » 25. January 2018 04:00

this is what i doing to open database in others pc

In PC 1
i create database name "car"
i create 4 tables...“ table1, table2, table3, table4"
i export file name it "car.mysql"

then i go to C:\xampp\mysql\data
copy "car folder" and transfer to PC 2

In PC 2
i copy "car folder" into C:\xampp\mysql\data
then import "car.mysql"
in phpmyadmin, i can saw the "car" database with 4 tables.

but when click table1, table 2, table3, table4
cannot read the table, appear msg table not doesn't exist

how to solve????
cboys00

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: 7

Re: it stupid way??

Postby Nobbie » 25. January 2018 11:51

Dont copy folder car from one PC to another. Undo everyting you did before (i.e. install new Xampp).
Export car database to car.sql, copy car.sql to PC 2, run PhpMyadmin and import car.sql. Thats it.

OR:

Instead of export/import, copy the whole(!) data folder from PC 1 to PC 2 (rename data folder from data to data.old or so and put the data folder from PC1 to PC2), but this copies everything, all databases, all users. Do NOT run MySQL on PC2 while doing this! Stop MySQL before exchange of data folder. After you restart MySQL.
Nobbie

Postby cboys00 » 26. January 2018 01:19

tq tq tq....i try first
cboys00

Postby cboys00 » 26. January 2018 02:29

Nobbie wrote:Dont copy folder car from one PC to another. Undo everyting you did before (i.e. install new Xampp).
Export car database to car.sql, copy car.sql to PC 2, run PhpMyadmin and import car.sql. Thats it.

i tried this....cannot see my car folder....but only see table1, table2 in mySQL in left navigation content(why)

Nobbie wrote:Instead of export/import, copy the whole(!) data folder from PC 1 to PC 2 (rename data folder from data to data.old or so and put the data folder from PC1 to PC2), but this copies everything, all databases, all users. Do NOT run MySQL on PC2 while doing this! Stop MySQL before exchange of data folder. After you restart MySQL.

**which folder?? where to get my folder??
cboys00

Postby Nobbie » 26. January 2018 10:47

cboys00 wrote:i tried this....cannot see my car folder....but only see table1, table2 in mySQL in left navigation content(why)

Maybe, the car folder only exists for Engine MyISAM. New Xampp usually comes with InnoDB, which works differently. That is unimportant, you should check if your application is working.

Nobbie wrote:Instead of export/import, copy the whole(!) data folder from PC 1 to PC 2 (rename data folder from data to data.old or so and put the data folder from PC1 to PC2), but this copies everything, all databases, all users. Do NOT run MySQL on PC2 while doing this! Stop MySQL before exchange of data folder. After you restart MySQL.

cboys00 wrote:**which folder?? where to get my folder??

As I wrote: data folder. data data data data data data data data... too hard to read? This one:

then i go to C:\xampp\mysql\data

BUT: do NOT mix different Xampp and/or MySQL Versions. PC 1 and PC 2 of course must have exactly the same versions and same configuration.
Nobbie

Postby cboys00 » 27. January 2018 02:24

Nobbie wrote:
cboys00 wrote:

then i go to C:\xampp\mysql\[b]data

BUT: do NOT mix different Xampp and/or MySQL Versions. PC 1 and PC 2 of course must have exactly the same versions and same configuration.

ok...can work....but any risk to do so?? mean if all database had key in and compile all work...it still ok??
cboys00

Postby Nobbie » 27. January 2018 10:00

Why dont you simply try it?
Nobbie

Postby cboys00 » 31. January 2018 01:14

tq tq tq....solved
cboys00