page style loosen when replace localhost with ip...

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

page style loosen when replace localhost with ip...

Postby apache-friend » 27. November 2017 19:42

hello,
here is the problem with my xampp installation: all runs fine accessing the testing site in localhost, but if i replace localhost with the real ip address of the machine, some pages loose the pagestyle. this happens even with the page applications.html of the xampp installation demopages for example (in that case that is the only defective page...)...so it seems to be a web server issue...
could someone help me?

thanks
apache-friend

XAMPP version: 7.1.10
Operating System: win 7 professional

Re: page style loosen when replace localhost with ip...

Postby Nobbie » 27. November 2017 20:48

apache-friend wrote:but if i replace localhost with the real ip address of the machine, some pages loose the pagestyle

What do you mean by "real ip" and (even more important) why do you want to replace localhost by any IP? If localhost runs perfectly, there is no need to replace it by any IP, simply use localhost. Or did you deny us any facts?
Nobbie

Re: page style loosen when replace localhost with ip...

Postby apache-friend » 27. November 2017 23:30

I would set up a little intranet site, that could be accessed by any pc connected to the lan; this seems not be possible if I keep running it as "localhost", so I should replace it with the web server machine ip address that instead could be accessed by any pc, but...this brings me to the page style issue...
apache-friend

XAMPP version: 7.1.10
Operating System: win 7 professional

Return to XAMPP for Windows