CANT GET ANY PRIVILEGES, EVEN WHEN RAN AS ADMINISTRATOR!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

CANT GET ANY PRIVILEGES, EVEN WHEN RAN AS ADMINISTRATOR!

Postby Jackbalmer01 » 13. November 2017 22:37

Hello all,

I seem to have an issue I have never had in the two years I have been using XAMPP. Recently we had to move our xampp web site to another virtual machine. Before hand i tested this and made a dummy machine and moved it and it worked like a charm! I then backed up the entire xampp folder ( like i did before ), moved it and now i have an issue of no privileges. Windows says i have all privileges and i have used the takeown command in CMD but still no luck. Even when i go to edit the PHP files, i can open them however cannot type at all. This is something ive never experienced on our windows servers and i need this site up again quickly as it holds our primary site as well as our customers!

Any help would be appreciated greatly!
Many thanks, Jack.

Specs:
Windows 10 Enterprise
XAMPP 7.1.11
Wordpress installation running multisite
Jackbalmer01

XAMPP version: 7.1.11
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise

Re: CANT GET ANY PRIVILEGES, EVEN WHEN RAN AS ADMINISTRATOR!

Postby Nobbie » 14. November 2017 11:17

Thats not a Xampp issue, its a pure Microsoft Windows issue. From Windows Vista on there is UAC (User Access control) part of Windows, which controls the rights management for Users and their files. Obviously your Xampp installation comes from another Windows installation with different UserIDs than the target Windows and the UserIDs do not match on both systems (which is normal). Ask in a Microsoft Board how to overcome that problem. One solution might be to switch of UAC (dont ask me how, i dont use Windows) and one other might be to copy the whole bunch to a FAT32 drive, as FAT32 does not support any rights management. FAT32 works as we are used by Windows - everybody may do everything.
Nobbie

Postby Jackbalmer01 » 14. November 2017 17:16

Thankyou for the quick reply.

Okay thankyou, Very amateur but i read that XAMPP shouldnt be used for professional use anyway as its more for development. This is honestly the only windows server we use and its crapped out on us. I will try the FAT32 method and get back to you but if not, We are gona move everything to linux as i cant handle windows as a server operating system.

Many thanks, Jack.
Jackbalmer01

Postby Jackbalmer01 » 14. November 2017 22:48

Okay i couldnt get it working. Gona try move the site. Thankyou
Jackbalmer01

Return to XAMPP for Windows