active content delivery too slow!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

active content delivery too slow!

Postby apache-friend » 24. October 2017 17:40

hello,

I just installed xampp; all seems to work well...but...apache takes a very long time to delivery active content pages such as php or html pages that load javascript codes...
so...anyone has an idea about ho to proceed?

Thanks in advance
apache-friend

XAMPP version: 7.1.10
Operating System: win 7 professional

Re: active content delivery too slow!

Postby Nobbie » 24. October 2017 19:10

Javascript is executed by your browser, not by Apache. Xampp / Apache only delivers the source code, which is embedded in HTML.
Nobbie

Postby apache-friend » 24. October 2017 19:54

I tried with two different browsers: same result. are they both defective?...
apache-friend

Postby Nobbie » 24. October 2017 20:52

I dont know, it also depends on the script code, JavaScript can also connect to a server (keyword "AJAX") and there might be a delay. Anyway, its totally impossible to find out any reason without any code. How should we help?? I dont know nothing about that application.
Nobbie

Postby apache-friend » 25. October 2017 11:09

I'm doing my tests in localhost, so there are no external variables...
...seems that for any misterious reason the web server works hard to delivery active pages: for example, even the index page of the xampp dashboard or any other "internal" pages...
apache-friend

Postby Nobbie » 25. October 2017 12:08

apache-friend wrote:I'm doing my tests in localhost, so there are no external variables...

I dont mean external servers only, AJAX can send a request to localhost as well and trigger a database request. There might be an issue with database requests, or with DNS resolving, or with the Windows socket or or or. There are so many options why the Apache seems to be slow, that it is still completely impossible to find the reason.

As JavaScript is executed by your browser (you even dont need any Apache server), PHP is executed by Apache and that makes it weird. I am only trying to find any relation between JavaScript and PHP, in order to find a single reason for that behaviour. And a local request via JavaScript to a PHP script on localhost *could* result in a slow delivery of the "remote" PHP script, which seems to look like a slow JavaScript code, but in fact, its the localhost server, which might be slow. Sorry, but i cannot help you any further without going very deep into the source code, which i cannot access.
Nobbie

Postby apache-friend » 26. October 2017 17:00

really the javascript issue was a supposition of mine, since trying to access smooth html pages they are delivered instantly.
and the only .php page that is delivered instantly too is the index page that points to internal "demo" contents (applications.html page) of the installation...that has no javascript code request in its php code...
BUT...I could be wrong...
As matter of fact I would need to carry out some step-by-step check of the web server operation, but I don't know where to begin...
So I would appreciate very much any help in this direction.

Thanks
apache-friend

Postby Nobbie » 26. October 2017 21:44

Sorry, i cant help on that. Its by far to poor information and finally i cannot debug "remotely" without any further information. Very often this kind of problems is due to any Windows problems, i recommend to use Linux anyway. Its on you to follow that advice or not. I dont use Windows anymore.
Nobbie

Postby apache-friend » 31. October 2017 18:28

OK. Let's rewind!

Found the problem: seems that the web server suffers when the pc is connected to the LAN. In fact simply disabling the connection, the web server works great.

Now, the step two: what is the problem???
Connected to the lan there are two other servers (but they are NOT web servers)...could they conflict?

...any helpful hint would be appreciated.

Thanks
apache-friend

Postby apache-friend » 01. November 2017 21:59

...anyone??...
apache-friend

Return to XAMPP for Windows