xampp is blank on win10

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp is blank on win10

Postby xkoeckiiej » 18. October 2017 07:06

It used to work and now its turned blank whenever i start it.
mysql is also giving errors and i cant see what it is as the control panel won't show.
is there any fix for this? or can i backup my databases without turning on mysql?
xkoeckiiej

XAMPP version: 3.2.2.0
Operating System: windows 10

Re: xampp is blank on win10

Postby Nobbie » 18. October 2017 08:19

I cannot read the red message.
Nobbie

Postby xkoeckiiej » 18. October 2017 08:31

Nobbie wrote:I cannot read the red message.

me neither :(
thats the problem
xkoeckiiej

Postby Nobbie » 18. October 2017 09:02

Cant you open the control panel? Try Administrator Mode (simply click it or right click on icon and "Start as Administrator...".).

P.S.: If you like to install a new Xampp, do NOT simply overwrite the old installation. Backup (i.e. copy) the whole c:/xampp folder to a safe destination and/or rename to c:/xampp-old or similar. The folder c:/xampp/htdocs is holding all your HTML and PHP scripts, the folder c:/xampp/mysql/data is holding all your MySQL Databases. After installing a new Xampp to c:/xampp, you can try to restore the htdocs and the MySQL data folder into the new installation. Simply rename the new hdocs and data folder and copy the backuped folders to the proper location. If you are lucky, all your data and projects are ported to a new Xampp installation. If you formerly changed any Apache or PHP Configuration (i.e. httdp.conf etc. for Apache and php.ini for PHP), you probably have to apply these changes again in a new Xampp.

In order to remove or rename c:/xampp, you have to stop all Xampp processes like Apache, MySQL etc., as Windows wont let you do so if there are active processes running in that folder.
Nobbie

Postby xkoeckiiej » 18. October 2017 14:34

Nobbie wrote:Cant you open the control panel? Try Administrator Mode (simply click it or right click on icon and "Start as Administrator...".).

P.S.: If you like to install a new Xampp, do NOT simply overwrite the old installation. Backup (i.e. copy) the whole c:/xampp folder to a safe destination and/or rename to c:/xampp-old or similar. The folder c:/xampp/htdocs is holding all your HTML and PHP scripts, the folder c:/xampp/mysql/data is holding all your MySQL Databases. After installing a new Xampp to c:/xampp, you can try to restore the htdocs and the MySQL data folder into the new installation. Simply rename the new hdocs and data folder and copy the backuped folders to the proper location. If you are lucky, all your data and projects are ported to a new Xampp installation. If you formerly changed any Apache or PHP Configuration (i.e. httdp.conf etc. for Apache and php.ini for PHP), you probably have to apply these changes again in a new Xampp.

In order to remove or rename c:/xampp, you have to stop all Xampp processes like Apache, MySQL etc., as Windows wont let you do so if there are active processes running in that folder.

Sadly administrator doesnt solve the problem.

I will try that ! thank you very much :D
xkoeckiiej

Postby xkoeckiiej » 19. October 2017 09:28

i tried this exact instructions but it didnt work.
every time i boot it crashes, when i remove the databases it works.
i guess ill recreate them manually then, shouldnt be too much work :crying:
xkoeckiiej

Return to XAMPP for Windows