index.html CSS Styling Not Applying but Does on Other Pages

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

index.html CSS Styling Not Applying but Does on Other Pages

Postby frakkincode » 16. July 2017 04:01

This is bugging me so much. I do not understand why my CSS styling is not working on my homepage but it is on my other pages. I just started using Apache because I got tired of Visual Studio. Also, when I run index.html via Visual Studio, it renders properly. Furthermore, it renders properly on my purchased domain and via the web hosting. All of the stylesheets have been linked properly and they load in the browser. My links on index.html do not differ in anyway from my other pages.

Here's what happens when I open index.html via the server created by Apache: Everything loads and behaves properly except for the caorusel. The carousel adheres to my styling choices and navigates to the next image automatically and when I click on the correct arrows. However, the image then disappears from the carousel and aligns itself to the left side of the page above the carousel.

This DOES NOT HAPPEN when running the page in Visual Studio or on my domain.

What's going on?!
frakkincode

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Re: index.html CSS Styling Not Applying but Does on Other Pa

Postby JJ_Tagy » 16. July 2017 13:44

What browser are you using? In IE, it defaults to browsing local files in "Intranet Mode". Perhaps it has disabled certain features.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby frakkincode » 16. July 2017 16:56

JJ_Tagy wrote:What browser are you using? In IE, it defaults to browsing local files in "Intranet Mode". Perhaps it has disabled certain features.

I tried it on Edge, Chrome, and my main browser, Firefox.

It's frustrating because I'm adding @media queries for mobile views. :D
frakkincode

Postby JJ_Tagy » 16. July 2017 22:33

Maybe try IE with local sites displayed as intranet turned off. Also try turning on the inspector to see if there are any issues. Compare the live and local sites in inspector mode. Also look at your access log for Apache to see if the CSS is requested with a 200 accept.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby frakkincode » 17. July 2017 01:12

Thanks! I'll give that a go.
frakkincode

Return to XAMPP for Windows