XAMPP limesurvey errors and phpmyadmin object not found

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP limesurvey errors and phpmyadmin object not found

Postby allwynmascar » 13. June 2017 08:40

I am playing around with limesurvey so I downloaded their xampp package from here https://manual.limesurvey.org/Installation_of_the_LimeSurvey_XAMPP_package

This installed xampp v3.2.1.

Now I see a lot of errors on the left panel and at the same cannot use phpmyadmin. The phpmyadmin folder is not even present in the xampp folder nor in the htdocs folder.

I need phpmyadmin to create a mysql database to try some things on a different platform called osticket.

So do i need to uninstall everything and start over again with the new xampp v5 or maybe I can upgrade this from v3 to v5?

I also download phpmyadmin from their site and put it htdocs folder but cannot log into it with my default mysql login of root and blank.

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks
allwynmascar

XAMPP version: 3.21
Operating System: WIN7

Re: XAMPP limesurvey errors and phpmyadmin object not found

Postby Nobbie » 13. June 2017 10:25

Limesurvey is not supported by this forum, we can only provide support for plain Xampp installations from apachefriends.org. I have no idea what limesurvey is and which role they are playing in "limesurvey Xampp".

So do i need to uninstall everything and start over again with the new xampp v5 or maybe I can upgrade this from v3 to v5?

I have no idea what "v3" and "v5" means, Xampps current release is 7.1.4. Usually there is no upgrade package from an older version, this always results in a total backup, de-install / install and restore. Its quite a task to do a Xampp update. I cannot say what it means for limesurvey.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows