Does anyone help me with folder permissions?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Does anyone help me with folder permissions?

Postby Tr0n0s » 01. March 2017 13:53

I use Wordpress in Xampp for Windows, some plugins tell me to change permissions, but it gives me examples of Linux (chmod), is there any method of using chmod or similar on Windows 10? I do not know how to put the equivalent permissions on Windows, I already tried editing the permissions in graphical mode.
Tr0n0s

XAMPP version: v3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Re: Does anyone help me with folder permissions?

Postby Nobbie » 02. March 2017 00:17

Tr0n0s wrote:I use Wordpress in Xampp for Windows, some plugins tell me to change permissions, but it gives me examples of Linux (chmod), is there any method of using chmod or similar on Windows 10?

No. Windows has a totally different rights management.
Nobbie

Re: Does anyone help me with folder permissions?

Postby faospark » 07. March 2017 12:02

i encountered a similar situation before when i used querymonitor (plugin) to establish a link on db.php to the plugin folder. I believe the work around is mklink but before when i tried in on windows 7. it does not work. using the gui of windows also does not really help that much. but since you mentioned that you running in windows 10 just make sure to run the xampp control panel as an administrator. it will grant you full permission to your folders of your wordpress installation. time to time though link in the case of querymonitor the db.php file gets unlinked so you deactivate/reactivate the plugin when it occurs. and also if you have an active antivirus or malware make sure to put xampp on your exception list as they really get in the way.
faospark

XAMPP version: 7.1.1
Operating System: windows 11

Return to XAMPP for Windows