Problem with Initial Setup and creating user on setup

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem with Initial Setup and creating user on setup

Postby ChrisIngleby » 07. February 2017 11:46

Good morning all,

Just wanted to say for days i've been struggling with even knowing where to start for days now, i'm trying to set up a new phpBB forum and website for our Charity for the armed forces.

By chance i came across a post with your XAMPP and instantly felt the stress go, atleast a little bit, haha.

Until on the very first step, and i needed to create a new user.. It wont even let me do that.

I took a screenshot, but the error message reads

SQL Query: Edit

SHOW PLUGINS SONAME LIKE '%_PASSWORD_CHECK%'

MYSQL SAID:

#1018 CANT READ DIR OF C:\XAMP\MYSQL\LIB\PLUGIN\' (ERRNO 2 'NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY'

Im not sure what im missing, or havent done right. Im following the guide from phpBB here:

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.0/kb/article/installing-and-setting-up-your-own-web-server/

Can anyone please help?

Ive got domain hosting, and web hosting, and i'm literally just trying to setup the actual phpBB now.!
ChrisIngleby

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Problem with Initial Setup and creating user on setup

Postby Nobbie » 07. February 2017 22:47

Unfortunately, this is a known Bug in Xampp (and many more distributions), a problem between MariaDB and phpMyAdmin. The most easy solution would be, to install an older Xampp release. Or, if you want to keep you Xampp installation, the next most easy fix is just to create the missing folder c:/xampp/mysql/lib/plugin

There are of course more sophisticated workarounds, but these are getting more and more difficult. I would not go for a difficult solution, as long as i am not an Xampp expert.
Nobbie

Re: Problem with Initial Setup and creating user on setup

Postby ChrisIngleby » 09. February 2017 14:57

Appreciate your help, thankyou
ChrisIngleby

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows