Error in creating mySql user via phpMySql

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Error in creating mySql user via phpMySql

Postby eluc » 02. February 2017 17:08

Hi,
I got an error creating a mysql user via phpMySql
I got a message from a query
SHOW PLUGIN SONAME LIKE '%_password_check%'

that cannot read directory "..../mysql/lib/plugin" that, in effect do not exist in xampp setup else if the "plugin_dir" parameter in my,ini points to the mysql/lib/plugin
I did the standard XAMPP setup, with no errors, apparently.
How I can solve this issue ?
Thanks
eluc

XAMPP version: 5.6.30
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Error in creating mySql user via phpMySql

Postby pmcmicha » 03. February 2017 23:26

Via file explorer, go to your xampp installation directory, usually C:\xampp.

1) Goto phpMyAdmin
2) Copy the libraries directory
3) Goto xampp\mysql
4) Paste the libraries directory
5) Rename libraries to lib
6) Goto lib
7) Rename plugins to plugin

You should now be able to add users.
pmcmicha

Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Postby Nobbie » 04. February 2017 12:26

As a quick & dirty fix, you also may simply create a folder c:/xampp/mysql/lib/plugin - thats enough to satisfy that SQL Statement. I found some articles about this bug (its a problem between MariaDB and phpmyadmin) and they told, that this has been fixed with PhpMyAdmin 4.6.6 (the latest stable release), but i checked it, it is not fixed. I have to fix it also manually.

This error is not only a bug in Xampp, i also found many reports about Synologie NAS Stations. So its quite a known error and really should be fixed.
Nobbie

Postby JoaoLK » 21. February 2017 03:24

Nobbie wrote:As a quick & dirty fix, you also may simply create a folder c:/xampp/mysql/lib/plugin - thats enough to satisfy that SQL Statement. I found some articles about this bug (its a problem between MariaDB and phpmyadmin) and they told, that this has been fixed with PhpMyAdmin 4.6.6 (the latest stable release), but i checked it, it is not fixed. I have to fix it also manually.

This error is not only a bug in Xampp, i also found many reports about Synologie NAS Stations. So its quite a known error and really should be fixed.

I had the same problem. Creating a folder "c:/xampp/mysql/lib/plugin" worked for me. Thanks for the tip.
JoaoLK

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows