Parameters of phpMyAdmin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Parameters of phpMyAdmin

Postby moni17 » 03. January 2017 18:50

Hello,

To make a DB rules, do I need to leave the :
"$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';" in config.inc.php doc as "cookie" to get into phpMyAdmin ?
For future DB, do I need to do always the same way?
If I change to parameter "cookie" as originally "config" I cannot get into phpMyAdmin,
sorry, but why ???

Moni
moni17

XAMPP version: 5.6.21
Operating System: Windows7

Re: Parameters of phpMyAdmin

Postby JJ_Tagy » 03. January 2017 21:19

auth_type is for logging in with phpmyadmin. Not sure what that has to do with setting up DB rules.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: Parameters of phpMyAdmin

Postby Nobbie » 03. January 2017 23:27

moni17 wrote:If I change to parameter "cookie" as originally "config" I cannot get into phpMyAdmin,
sorry, but why ???

With "cookie" you are prompted in a login dialog for a valid userid and password. if you use "config" instead, you are not prompted for userid an password, instead phpmyadmin uses the values for userid and password as they are applied in config.inc.php

With "cookie" the setting of userid and password in config.inc.php is ignored, you must enter valid data in the login dialog. After then phpmyadmin tries to login to MySQL with this Userid/Password. If you do not enter valid data, login will fail. The default user/password in a brandnew Xampp installation is "root" and no password (leave it empty).

Last not least, i have no idea what you mean by "DB rules"?!
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows