Xammp localhost “This site can't be reached” “the connection

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xammp localhost “This site can't be reached” “the connection

Postby radmint » 21. December 2016 16:23

I installed xampp last week and got it up and running, have been working on my site for a couple of days and now suddenly I get "This site can't be reached, the connection was reset" on all pages of the site. I cant think of anything I might have changed. Already checked to make sure Skype wasn't using the ports and I can't disable my firewall because this issue is on a work computer.

Opening localhost/phpmyadmin/ works, however. Every explanation I've seen has either been related to Drupal or exceeds my knowledge level to implement.

I'm not sure which error logs to include for this problem so if you need any I'd be happy to provide them.
radmint

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 8

Re: Xammp localhost “This site can't be reached” “the connec

Postby Nobbie » 21. December 2016 21:14

Sounds as if you have the "WIndows net sockets" problem (in many cases caused by a virus attack or similar), you should google for "Windows netsock reset" and follow the instructions.
Nobbie

Postby radmint » 21. December 2016 21:29

Thanks for your reply. Does Xampp make my computer vulnerable to attacks? Did I install something incorrectly? I have a pretty good antivirus system setup.

What does resetting the winsock do?
radmint

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 8

Postby Nobbie » 21. December 2016 21:34

radmint wrote:Does Xampp make my computer vulnerable to attacks?

No.

radmint wrote:Did I install something incorrectly? I have a pretty good antivirus system setup.

You have a "antivirus" setup which is meant to earn money for the developer. HE of course tells you, that you need it and it will be the best in the world. I do not trust in any antivirus software.

radmint wrote:What does resetting the winsock do?

Please google for it. It exceeds by far the scope of this forum to explain Microsoft concepts.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows