Internationalization extension not working after XAMPP upgra

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Internationalization extension not working after XAMPP upgra

Postby SoboLAN » 19. December 2016 12:01

Hello.

I have Windows 7 and had XAMPP 1.8.2 installed (with PHP 5.4.31). Everything was working great.

I decided to upgrade it and I have done these steps:

• Renamed XAMPP folder from "xampp" to "xampp_old" (so that PATH values and other stuff don't work anymore for it)
  • Installed XAMPP 7.0.13 in "xampp" folder
  • Ran setup_xampp.bat

Now everything seemed to be going great, php works, applications that rely on PHP all work, all is great.

However I really need the "php_intl" extension, I saw it's available in "xampp/php/ext" and tried turning it on in "php.ini".

The problem is, it doesn't work. If I turn it on in "php.ini" and then execute:

Code: Select all
php -v

I get the following message:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\xampp\php\ext\php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\xampp\php\ext\php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0
PHP 7.0.13 (cli) (built: Nov 8 2016 13:45:28) ( ZTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies

The file is actually there, so I think it either depends on some stuff that I don't have or it's corrupted for some reason.

I searched a lot for this problem and there are so many ideas out there. I don't want to try them all because I don't want to break something.

Also, my "xampp/php" does contain the "icu*57.dll" files (5 of them), so they are available.

What can I try ? Is there some way I can figure out what's missing ?

Thanks.
SoboLAN

XAMPP version: 5.6.20
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Internationalization extension not working after XAMPP u

Postby SoboLAN » 20. December 2016 14:19

(I can not edit the post above, so I add it here)

Downgraded to XAMPP 5.6.20 (with PHP 5.6.20) and this one seems to be working OK wit the "intl" extension.

I am curious though what is causing the problem with PHP 7. Maybe it can be fixed in future versions of XAMPP.
SoboLAN

XAMPP version: 5.6.20
Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows