problem with mime type of audio

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

problem with mime type of audio

Postby maxwel » 30. October 2016 23:00

I've xampp installed a windows vps that I use and for some reason I found lately that whenever I put a link of one of audio files on my vps in any of my browsers and regardless the audio file type is (i tried wav, mp3s, mpeg) they all don't show the native html5 player of browser as before but instead it show some encoded text that in the file and I'm clueless how to fix it but I guess it's all about fixing some mime-type of loading them but idk how exactly.

its direct link, not html5 audio here sample of the HTTP response. ÿûàÄInfo ¦$$$$$$$$$$$$$$IIIIIIIIIIIIIImmmmmmmmmmmmmm’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¶¶‌​¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ‌​ÛÛÛÛÛÛÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ‌​:LAME3. its like i opened an audio file with text editor and i tried with tags didn't work as well

i tried adding to .htaccess "AddType audio/x-wav .wav" and "AddType audio/x-mp3 .mp3" also tried adding "AddType audio/wav .wav" and for mp3 as well. also tried checking mime-type in apache conf folder if these types exist and they do. also restarted apache each time i did a change and still same thing. i am literally lost.

would like to get any help in such case asap.

Thank You alot,

lion
maxwel

XAMPP version: 3.1.0
Operating System: windows server 2008 r2

Return to XAMPP for Windows