incorrect connected user

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

incorrect connected user

Postby amg982 » 16. October 2016 06:21

I have created a user under a different username and no password, however since restarting my computer overnight i am now getting this error

" You are connected as 'root' with no password, which corresponds to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user 'root'."

I am also getting a HTTP/1.1 400 bad request, when trying to connect to mySQL database through arduino.

The code on arduino has not been changed and was working perfectly yesterday.

Are these problems related and could someone please point me in the right direction as to changing the connected user for the mySQL database, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
amg982
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 16. October 2016 06:14
XAMPP version: 5.5.38
Operating System: windows 10

Re: incorrect connected user

Postby Nobbie » 16. October 2016 11:35

amg982 wrote:I have created a user under a different username and no password, however since restarting my computer overnight i am now getting this error


What user did you create in which context?

amg982 wrote:" You are connected as 'root' with no password, which corresponds to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user 'root'."


No, this is NOT an new error message (it is even not an error message), it is the default warning of PhpMysqlAdmin, that you are logged in to MySQL with the root accout without password (that is the standard Xampp configuration). This definately has nothing to do with any user (which user?) different from "root" and is only a MySQL issue.

amg982 wrote:I am also getting a HTTP/1.1 400 bad request, when trying to connect to mySQL database through arduino.


What is "arduino"? As you see, the warning above is about "root", not "arduino". If you get an 400 request error, there *should* also be a precise description of in WHICH file the error occurs and on WHICH line it occurs. Did you check that out? What is the contents of that line?

amg982 wrote:The code on arduino has not been changed and was working perfectly yesterday.


What does aduino mean??

amg982 wrote:Are these problems related and could someone please point me in the right direction as to changing the connected user for the mySQL database, any help would be appreciated.


I have not the slightest clue, as i have no idea, where you created which user, what arduino means and where you would like to change a connected MySQL user. Usually your own script should contain a kind of connect-call (i.e. mysqli_connect() or similar), there you have to pass valid credentials (Username, Password etc.).
Nobbie
 
Posts: 8778
Joined: 09. March 2008 13:04


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests