xampp uninstall without the uninstaller

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp uninstall without the uninstaller

Postby risusSardonicus » 03. October 2016 01:53

Hi there. I'm on a windows 7 machine. Just downloaded the most recent version of Xampp for that system with php 7.

Now I couldn't get my project working and so I uninstalled it and used wamp which was working.

The problem is that this is a "new" used computer that has been refurbished and it started acting up. I couldn't get the thing to power up half the time and the system told me it would have to give me a restore point and delete some files. Okay.

Well, it deleted most of the files I had in WAMP and restored my installation of XAMPP! But without the uninstall program. Now I can't figure out how to uninstall it. I tried the control panel uninstall and it told me I had to use the uninstall program that came with the package. I then tried to do a new reinstall hoping to get the uninstall program, but it wants to install in a new folder.

So, I can't figure out how to uninstall this off my system.

The computer problem? I didn't have to do a restore point! All I had to do was discharge static build up. What a night!
risusSardonicus

Operating System: windows 7

Re: xampp uninstall without the uninstaller

Postby Nobbie » 03. October 2016 11:18

I would simply remove the whole Xampp folder.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows