Apache stopped unexpectedly in xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Apache stopped unexpectedly in xampp

Postby stad13 » 27. July 2016 16:13

Im running xampp version xampp-win32-5.6.15-1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Machine. Last night when I woke up, my website didn't worked. So I restarted apache from the xampp -control and everything back to work normally.

My question is why and how this kind of things happening? I'm 100% it wasn't a DDOS-ATTACK becauuse I checked my ANTI-DDOS protections and no one of could detect an attack. In addition I already know the symtomps of DDOS ATTACK and it was not that.

Seems that Apache just crashed, but the strange thing is that I could see it running normally in the procces display.

I have checked xampp\apache\logs\error.log but couldn't find anything related to this crash.

Can someone tell me how to locate this problem or how to check the correct logs?
stad13

XAMPP version: 32-5.6.15-1
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Re: Apache stopped unexpectedly in xampp

Postby Nobbie » 28. July 2016 11:07

stad13 wrote:Can someone tell me how to locate this problem or how to check the correct logs?

Proceed to c:/xampp, open readme_en.txt and read the following lines:

A matter of security (A MUST READ!)

As mentioned before, XAMPP is not meant for production use but only for developers in a development environment. The way XAMPP is configured is to be open as possible and allowing the developer anything he/she wants. For development environments this is great but in a production environment it could be fatal.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows