Xampp Installation issue

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp Installation issue

Postby ayaz786amd » 02. March 2016 13:17

HI

I am new to PHP and trying to set server on my system. The issues is when i go to browser and put localhost:8080 then it shows me dashboard instead 'Xampp to windows page'. So i go to Phpmyadmin page to set my 3 root passwords. But after setting my passwords, it shows me the following error

"phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server."

Also in my C drive there are no appache files installed. What to do ?
ayaz786amd
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 02. March 2016 13:11
Operating System: Windows

Re: Xampp Installation issue

Postby Altrea » 03. March 2016 07:46

Hi,

ayaz786amd wrote:when i go to browser and put localhost:8080 then it shows me dashboard instead 'Xampp to windows page'.

=> [Q&A] Where is the orange administration page

ayaz786amd wrote:So i go to Phpmyadmin page to set my 3 root passwords. But after setting my passwords, it shows me the following error

"phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server."

=> [Q&A] Setting MySQL root password

ayaz786amd wrote:Also in my C drive there are no appache files installed.

All XAMPP programs are wrapped by an folder, commonly named "xampp". But we cannot teach you how to install and find programs on your system.

best wishes,
Altrea
We don't provide any support via personal channels like PM, email, Skype, TeamViewer!

It's like porn for programmers 8)
User avatar
Altrea
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 8294
Joined: 17. August 2009 13:05
XAMPP version: several
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests