phpmyadmin not working

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpmyadmin not working

Postby jahodson3 » 02. March 2016 05:01

I just installed XAMPP 5.6.15 for Windows on my Dell XPS 15 running Windows 10. Everything went great. I'm able to start Apache & MySQL (I'm guessing this is actually MariaDB behind the scenes) from the XAMPP Control Panel. I can request /localhost and the "XAMPP Apache + MariaDB + PHP + Perl" splash page comes up as expected. I did use the Control Panel Shell to set a password for the "root" database account.

However, when I request /localhost/phpmyadmin, I get an error "MySQL said: Cannot connect: invalid settings. phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server." I was expecting it to prompt me for a username/password, but I only get the error above, no prompt.

Any idea how to correct this?

Thanks,
Jim
jahodson3

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: phpmyadmin not working

Postby jaspr04 » 02. March 2016 06:03

go to xampp/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php and then chnage the $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; to $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';. then you will be able to login by entering new password you recently set with user name of root
jaspr04

Operating System: windows 8.1

Re: phpmyadmin not working

Postby jahodson3 » 02. March 2016 21:22

Perfect solution. Thanks.
jahodson3

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows