Acessing xampp from outside times out???

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Acessing xampp from outside times out???

Postby arksam » 23. February 2016 02:38

So last week or so i downloaded xampp. Every page I make I always check to see if the page is available online for people outside my Local network to see, so i use my public ip address to view it. Last night, I went to one of my pages, edited something in it, then refreshed it, and all of a sudden the page gives me "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". Then, all pages on my server had the same error! Every one of them! Im certain that ive set everything, and it was working fine before! All ports forwarded, i did the "allow all" thing in that file(i forgot the name), i made a mysql root password, and its still not working. I even uninstalled it and re-installed it and its still not working! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
arksam

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Acessing xampp from outside times out???

Postby Nobbie » 23. February 2016 12:00

Check the firewall first.

At next reset the net socket in a terminal, enter "net socket reset" in Google for detailed information. If none of these actions work, your computer may have an infection. Xampp is not designed for online access (see readme_en.txt).
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows