The uninstall.dat file cannot be found

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

The uninstall.dat file cannot be found

Postby christaliise » 09. February 2016 13:26

I want to uninstall xampp and reinstall with the latest version. I've recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 which I think is causing many of my problems.

I have saved all my files and folders, so that I can insert into the new version of xampp.

After I click "uninstall" I get this message "The uninstall.dat file cannot be found and is required to uninstall the application, aborting".

There is an uninstall.dat file there but it is a Adobe file. I've changed it to Notepad and Editpad but still get the cannot be found message.

Can somebody tell me how to overcome this problem?

13/02/16 - Update.

I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE ON WITH MY PROJECT - BUT I CAN'T UNTIL THIS MATTER IS RESOLVED.

The persons who compiled XAMPP should know what is causing the uninstall.dat file not being found, when it in fact does exist.

Can any one of those people explain how I can uninstall? Maybe by piecemeal if necessary.

18/02/16 - Update.

The only solution I can think of is to move the xampp folder to the recycle bin.

In that event, how could I see if any of the programs are still running, and if they are, how to delete them?

01/03/16 - Update

I was thinking this problem was with Windows 10.

But now I think it maybe a xampp Version 7.0.2 problem. Version 7.0.2 is the number I retrieved from the readme file but I note in https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html there is reference to 7.0.3.

This problem may become a catastrophe when many people want to uninstall Version 7.0.2 and reinstall with a later version.

I have successfully uninstalled Version 5.6.8 although that was installed under Windows 7 but uninstalled under Windows 10.

Sending the whole xampp folder to the Recycle Bin appears to be the only solution I have at this time.

Can someone shed some light on this problem?
christaliise

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: The uninstall.dat file cannot be found

Postby christaliise » 09. March 2016 14:24

I need to answer my own question, in case another person has the same problem. I deleted the xampp folder to the recycle bin, downloaded Version 7.0.4, installed and uninstalled, then installed once more. Everything appears to be working now. This may have been a fault with Version 7.0.2 which is what I had these problems with.
christaliise

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows