Undefined variable: _COOKIE in phpMyAdmin on PHP 7.0.2

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Undefined variable: _COOKIE in phpMyAdmin on PHP 7.0.2

Postby DanSK » 08. February 2016 08:48

I have just upgraded to the latest XAMPP, with MariaDB (10.1.10) / MySQL and PHP 7.0.2. So this is a clean install, with old web files (Php/javascript/css/html) dropped in and database backup imported in.

Everything has been running fine for around twenty four hours and we are now experiencing an issue. When trying to log into the system through the web interface, it seems that the script isn't querying the database - Although no errors are being thrown.

So I have tried going into PhpMyAdmin and running a query from there, and when I press submit query, it just reloads the page but doesn't return results and shows the error below -

This shown at the bottom of the phpMyAdmin page:

Notice in .C:\xampp_\phpMyAdmin\libraries\common.inc.php#443
Undefined variable: _COOKIE
Backtrace
.\index.php#12: require_once(.C:\xampp_\phpMyAdmin\libraries\common.inc.php)

Notice in .C:\xampp_\phpMyAdmin\libraries\common.inc.php#453
Undefined variable: _COOKIE
Backtrace
.\index.php#12: require_once(.C:\xampp_\phpMyAdmin\libraries\common.inc.php)

Notice in .C:\xampp_\phpMyAdmin\libraries\cleanup.lib.php#26
Undefined variable: COOKIE Backtrace
.C:\xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\common.inc.php#514: PMA_removeRequestVars(array) .\index.php#12: require_once(.C:\xampp_\phpMyAdmin\libraries\common.inc.php)

Whats even worse is that Apache logs showed nothing at all when this happened.

Can anyone point me in the right direction before I am forced to remove the full installation and go back to 5.6.15?
DanSK

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2

Re: Undefined variable: _COOKIE in phpMyAdmin on PHP 7.0.2

Postby Nobbie » 08. February 2016 11:45

I would go back to 5.6.15 and send a bug report to Bitnami. Even if this is only a "notice", it looks quiet strange. _COOKIE usually is a PHP predefined Variable and i have no explanation for this message "Undefined Variable".
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows