need help fast. accessing database

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

need help fast. accessing database

Postby shanerutledge » 18. January 2016 19:53

I just loaded XAMPP with the wordpress extension on my local machine...

I created a localhost environment for website development with the idea of creating my new sites offline and then simply uploading the files to the online server once I'm ready.

I have logged in to my new "development worpress website"..and I'm wanting to upload the theme I like to use.

while uploading the theme I get a message saying the files are to larger to upload.

In this case, I would usually login to Cpanel and upload the theme with my file manager.

Because I'm working on a localhost (XAMPP with wordpress extension" I do not know or maybe even have access to Cpanel or database or whatever it maybe called in this environment.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can access the "backend" to accomplish this file upload?

Thanks for your help.
shanerutledge

Operating System: windows 10

Re: need help fast. accessing database

Postby Nobbie » 18. January 2016 20:42

Usually the file upload is done by a PHP script and there is a limitation in php.ini, look for "max_upload_size". Increase the value to your needs and restart Apache.
Nobbie

Postby udin_ordinary » 22. January 2016 20:02

shanerutledge wrote:I just loaded XAMPP with the wordpress extension on my local machine...

I created a localhost environment for website development with the idea of creating my new sites offline and then simply uploading the files to the online server once I'm ready.

I have logged in to my new "development worpress website"..and I'm wanting to upload the theme I like to use.

while uploading the theme I get a message saying the files are to larger to upload.

In this case, I would usually login to Cpanel and upload the theme with my file manager.

Because I'm working on a localhost (XAMPP with wordpress extension" I do not know or maybe even have access to Cpanel or database or whatever it maybe called in this environment.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can access the "backend" to accomplish this file upload?

Thanks for your help.

use filezilla or similar application....use your username and password of cpanel to login...then you can upload whatever size you want it.
udin_ordinary

Operating System: windows 7

Postby JJ_Tagy » 22. January 2016 20:08

udin_ordinary wrote:use filezilla or similar application....use your username and password of cpanel to login...then you can upload whatever size you want it.

Use an FTP to upload a file from local machine to the same machine? Seems like overkill to me... It looks like shane was asking how to access XAMPP like he would his normal cpanel service on a remote machine.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Return to XAMPP for Windows