XAMPP apache very slow on Windows 10

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP apache very slow on Windows 10

Postby elund » 28. December 2015 14:51

I have just installed the newest XAMPP version 5.6.15 on my Windows 10 computer and it's runing very very slow when fetching data from MySQL.
I have googled a lot and tried many things without any luck (added 127.0.0.1 localhost to the .hosts file, changed my.ini for bind listening etc.).

The last thing I have tried, is to bind Apache to a specific IP address and port: Listen 127.0.0.1:80 and Listen 127.0.0.1:443
But it looks like Apache is still glomming onto all bound IP adresses.
The Port no. displayed in the XAMP control panel is incremented by one fairly quickly. Looking into Nestat confirms this.

How do I stop Apache glomming onto all bound IP adresses to see if it is this issue slowing down my local Apache/MySQL server?

How do I proceed? Any ideas to debug the isuse to find the bottleneck are very welcome.
elund

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: XAMPP apache very slow on Windows 10

Postby Nobbie » 28. December 2015 20:11

elund wrote:But it looks like Apache is still glomming onto all bound IP adresses.

Really? That would be MASSIVE bug in Apache, you should report that to the Apache team.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows