Aphache runs on random ports, This web page is not available

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Aphache runs on random ports, This web page is not available

Postby Dennisxxx » 06. December 2015 13:18

Hi,

I wonder if anyone know how to solve this weird issue which come up today?

Today I got this message "This web page is not available" when trying to view the front end on a sub-domain page.

I can access admin on the sub-domain and I can view the front page on the main domain.

I notice on xampp control panel v3.2.1 when I reload the sub front page (where says; This web page is not available) the Apache ports change from 80, 433, to many different random ports, something like 40356, 50687, 60985. When the page stop loading the ports go back to 80, 443.

On admin pages and main domain front page, everything runs stable on ports 80, 443.

Error logs do not give any clue nor report any wird issues that I can see.

I run win 10 and until now there haven't been an issue accessing any part of the site.

I did try some fixes that worked for w8 and w8.1, none of them worked so I revert those changes back.

Then I found this article and wonder if this is the ONLY solution as he says at the end of how to fix this issue; reinstall xampp??
http://blog.imaginea.com/how-to-make-wampxampp-work-on-windows-10/

Earlier this week there was a huge w10 upgrade, perhaps it has something to do with it?
Dennisxxx

Operating System: w8

Re: Aphache runs on random ports, This web page is not avail

Postby Dennisxxx » 06. December 2015 16:06

I wrote a long explanation and when I hit submit I had to login again so the short version....

As this site is going live today, few days ago I added WP Rocket and this morning I added CloudFlare to it, CloudFlare was causing this issues, everything is working again.
Dennisxxx

Operating System: w8

Return to XAMPP for Windows