phpBB3 install issue with long error message

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpBB3 install issue with long error message

Postby rmarkjr » 25. November 2015 04:15

I cannot get phpbb3 to install at all.

I have got Xampp running with apache and mysql. I have already created a database for it. I download the phpbb3 bundle.. I extracted it to phpbb3. I then moved that phpbb3 folder to htdocs. I have not deleted anything from htdocs .. although I did try and move the index.php out of the folder to see if that changed anything and it did not... I also tried to move the .htaccess file out of phpbb3 and nothing either.

after all that I try to use localhost/phpbb3 .. localhost/phpbb3/install.

nothing is working and i get an error message that is interesting

Code: Select all
Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor/composer/autoload_real.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor\autoload.php on line 5

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor/composer/autoload_real.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor\autoload.php on line 5

I have no idea what that means or what I should do to get this going. I downloaded the latest version of phpbb3 as of today and the latest XAMPP as of today as well.

any help on this would be great! .. Thanks!

EDIT:

nevermind I got it ..I had to use the localhost/phpbb/phpbb3/ path

then I moved the phpbb3 folder out of the phpbb and put it in htdocs and then it let me use localhost/phpbb3 ... weird ...but it works
rmarkjr

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows