Trying to export database to live host error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Trying to export database to live host error

Postby Agent Smith » 11. November 2015 08:09

I am trying to upload the Xampp database of a phpBB install on my computer to my host and I get this error:
#1214 - The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes

With the following SQL query that reads:

SQL query:

--
-- Indexes for table `arn_topics`
--
ALTER TABLE `arn_topics` ADD PRIMARY KEY ( `topic_id` ) ,
ADD KEY `forum_id` ( `forum_id` ) ,
ADD KEY `forum_id_type` ( `forum_id` , `topic_type` ) ,
ADD KEY `last_post_time` ( `topic_last_post_time` ) ,
ADD KEY `fid_time_moved` ( `forum_id` , `topic_last_post_time` , `topic_moved_id` ) ,
ADD KEY `topic_visibility` ( `topic_visibility` ) ,
ADD KEY `forum_vis_last` ( `forum_id` , `topic_visibility` , `topic_last_post_id` ) ,
ADD FULLTEXT KEY `topic_title` ( `topic_title` ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1214 - The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes

How do I fix this?
Agent Smith

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Trying to export database to live host error

Postby Agent Smith » 11. November 2015 10:10

I seem to have made a fix. Not sure if this is the right way to do this though. I have read on Stack Exchange that this might be an InnoDB issue and I needed to change the engine to MyIsam. So I tried all kinds of quires I found and nothing worked. Then I just loaded the sql file in Notepad ++ and search/replace ENGINE=InnoDB to ENGINE=MyISAM

Not sure if this is the right way to do it, but I was able to import the database with no error after doing that. However the phpBB forum loads just text and not any graphics. It's like it's missing CSS files. the ADM is like this too. I am using an addon domain with a redirect. So not sure if that's it or the database.

So my main question: When I changed ENGINE=InnoDB to ENGINE=MyISAM using search & replace in Notepad ++ would that be okay, or does a query do something else that I should have run? Like I said, the database did import this time with the edit I did in Notepad++.
Agent Smith

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows