Installed onto a Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 box.
- Running the XAMPP program as Administrator
- Followed the steps in this article to fix some issues with MySQL: http://omarusman.com/blog/tutorials/xampp-innodb-storage-engine-failed-windows8
- Installed both Apache and MySQL as a service
- Apache starts and can display sites
- MySQL service says "Starting" in Windows services
- Tried killing the mysqld process and restarting the service, same issue
- Tried running it as an application instead of a service, doesn't start
- Following this tutorial I created a temp folder and added the temp location to the mysql.ini, still "Starting": http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=49637
Any help appreciated - thanks!