What to copy? Moving WordPress site from OLD xampp to NEW

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

What to copy? Moving WordPress site from OLD xampp to NEW

Postby BothHands » 30. October 2015 22:10

I've been developing a WordPress site on an old XP Pro localhost computer running xampp v3.2.1.

I want to move the site to a newer Win7 machine running a much newer xampp version.

Can anyone tell me which components (folders, files, database, etc) must be copied from the old computer to the new computer?

Thank you
BothHands

Operating System: Windows XPpro SP3

Re: What to copy? Moving WordPress site from OLD xampp to NE

Postby Nobbie » 30. October 2015 22:22

You are in the wrong place, this is a wordpress issue, not a Xampp issue.

I found this article on wordpress.org:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress
Nobbie

Re: What to copy? Moving WordPress site from OLD xampp to NE

Postby linuxs » 30. October 2015 22:58

Try this

-1º Go to phpMyadmin select your database (it should be the WordPress databases) go to "Export" at the top and click "Go", save it on some folder.

-2º Go to your htdocs folder (it is inside Xampp folder) and copy the folder that contain your project to the same folder where you saved your database on 1º.

-3º Install the xampp version you want in your machine.

-4º go to phpMyadmin (of you new installation ofc, not the old one) create a database with the exact name and collation that is the database you had on 1º.

-5º Select this database you just created and go to "import" and chose your file (the one you save on 1º) click "Go"

-6º Go to your htdocs folder (it is inside Xampp folder) and copy the folder of your project (the one you saved on 2º).
linuxs

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Return to XAMPP for Windows