NAS drive as Apache root document is this possible

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

NAS drive as Apache root document is this possible

Postby the_coolguru » 12. October 2015 14:28

Hello please can anyone suggest me how to setup NAS drive "M:\xing" as my root directory for apache I am using xampp 1.8.3 on windows 10,( I have already setup my ftp services and it is successful.) Currently server is not able to point to NAS or may be access problem.

Thanks in advance.
the_coolguru

Operating System: Windows

Re: NAS drive as Apache root document is this possible

Postby Nobbie » 12. October 2015 16:45

Do not start as a service, instead start Apache manually from Xampp Control Center after login. Only then Apache runs with your userid, which is required to access M: (a drive letter) with the proper rights.
Nobbie

Postby the_coolguru » 13. October 2015 15:05

Thankyou but no success. M:/ is not allowing me to start server and if i give network path it accepts and starts but it shows message on page access forbidden 403 ERROR.. what to do about this.. also which path to take M:/ or network path like //goflex

?? pls help
the_coolguru

Operating System: Windows

Postby Nobbie » 13. October 2015 16:20

the_coolguru wrote:Thankyou but no success. M:/ is not allowing me to start server and if i give network path it accepts and starts but it shows message on page access forbidden 403 ERROR.. what to do about this.. also which path to take M:/ or network path like //goflex

?? pls help

Error 403 means that you have not configured the network path in httpd.conf correctly. You must create a <Directory M:/xing> ... </Directory> block and include a "Require all granted" statement. Same as for the standard DocumentRoot c:/xampp/htdocs. If you have an older Apache than version 2.4, you have to apply "Order Deny,Allow" and "Allow From All" instead of "Require all granted".

This is BASIC Apache knowledge, please google on yourself what Error 403 means.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows