Latest install 5.6.12 running but problem after problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Latest install 5.6.12 running but problem after problem

Postby skullduggary » 10. October 2015 00:13

I just uninstalled an older version of Xampp and installed the latest version as above. The initial install would not let me install apache so uninstalled and then reinstalled, this time I was locked out of phpmyadmin. Finally got it installed and working along with mysql however when I get into MySQL I get the following message about 3/4 way down the screen in the right panel

A newer version of phpMyAdmin is available and you should consider upgrading. The newest version is 4.5.0.2, released on 2015-09-25.

I also get

The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. Find out why.
Or alternately go to 'Operations' tab of any database to set it up there.

But when I follow directions I go round in a loop back to the message

When I follow the documentation to change the root password through the shell I followed the instructions to the letter and tested the change had been implemented by entering the "SELECT 1+1" getting 2 as expected but then went to log into mysql and I was denied access.

When I try to navigate to http://localhost/security/ I get
Warning: include(lang/1%00'=1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\security\htdocs\index.php on line 12

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'lang/1%00'=1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\security\htdocs\index.php on line 12

I have had previous versions running fine but this version seems to have caused issue after issue.

Any advice/help would be appreciated
skullduggary

Operating System: Win 7

Re: Latest install 5.6.12 running but problem after problem

Postby HighHopes » 09. November 2015 03:38

i had new install of xampp just today and had issues creating new users. then i see the same note you did, phpMyAdmin out of date (strange cause it was brand new install). anyway, i updated it and all my problems went away after that.
HighHopes

Operating System: Win7

Return to XAMPP for Windows