Admin Rights With Mcaffee

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Admin Rights With Mcaffee

Postby carchila » 13. August 2015 01:00

Hello everyone! complete noob.

I am trying to run the last version of xampp and was able to install it successfully. My problem now is I do not have administrator rights? This is my personal laptop and I am the only user. I double checked my user account and it says I am the admin on it. I toggled my account settings to never and even tried to turn off the firewall with mcaffee and it still giving me the same error

6:57:37 PM [main] You are not running with administrator rights! This will work for
6:57:37 PM [main] most application stuff but whenever you do something with services
6:57:37 PM [main] there will be a security dialogue or things will break! So think
6:57:37 PM [main] about running this application with administrator rights!

nothing else.

How do I turn on the admin rights? I've searched high and low for the answer. Also I am not very tech savvy, my main goal in using xampp is to build my website for my business.

Would I still be able to do everything without the admin rights? Will this stop me from using the website i created without admin rights

Thank you all in advance

Carlos
carchila

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Admin Rights With Mcaffee

Postby Nobbie » 13. August 2015 12:10

carchila wrote:I double checked my user account and it says I am the admin on it.

Yes, but on Windows this does NOT mean, that your programs automatically are running with admin rights. You still have to do some extra action, if you want to run a program as administrator. Therefore you should not simply double click on the Xampp Icon (or whatever Icon you want), instead do a "right click" on that Icon and choose "Run as Administrator...". Then finally it is running with full admin rights.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows