having trouble with xampp after reinstalling windows

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

having trouble with xampp after reinstalling windows

Postby omidarmat » 20. July 2015 07:05

Hello everyone.
well, im not an expert on xampp and things related to it, it is actually my first time using xampp.

I installed xampp on Drive D on my PC, everything was good and i was editing my website for a few days when suddenly windows crashed. I had to reinstall windows and i did. now i dont know how to open my website in xampp on localhost. The "xampp" folder and everything in it still exists in drive D on my PC. i installed xampp on drive D in a seperate folder called "xampp2" in drive D (other than "xampp" folder created during xampp installation before windows crash) and then i copy/pasted my website folder from the old "htdocs" to the new one installed in the new xampp htdocs folder. now when i type localhost/CES (CES is my website) it says "could not conncet to database".
what should i do?

thanks.
omidarmat

Operating System: windows 7

Re: having trouble with xampp after reinstalling windows

Postby Nobbie » 20. July 2015 10:46

The htdocs folder only contains your HTML/PHP scripts, but not your MySQL Data. This is stored in /xampp/Mysql/data and you have to retrieve this as well.
Nobbie

Postby omidarmat » 20. July 2015 13:33

thanks, i did it.
now another message is displayed when i want to open my website. This is the message:
Table 'cesdatabase.glozy_session' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `glozy_session` (`session_id`, `client_id`, `time`) VALUES ('kjkrliko6r30m6jsomf209cip0', 0, '1437395455')
i have no idea what it is!
can you help?
omidarmat

Postby Nobbie » 20. July 2015 15:46

Did you install a newer version of Xampp or the same version as before?
Nobbie

Postby omidarmat » 20. July 2015 18:59

i installed the same version as before.
please dont tell me i have to go over the whole editing process again ;(
omidarmat

Postby Nobbie » 20. July 2015 21:57

omidarmat wrote:please dont tell me i have to go over the whole editing process again ;(

I dont know hat you mean by that, but i wonder, why you dont have a backup for the whole thing? After things are going wrong it is to late.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows