XAMPP & VHOSTS - Pulling my hair out....

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP & VHOSTS - Pulling my hair out....

Postby charlestwaters » 12. June 2015 22:42

Hey everyone... I am having the worst luck trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my server set up. I have tried from my cell phone, as well as numerous other networks, and just can't get anything to work. Here is what I have, and here is what happens.

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /UI on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This *HAS* to be something set up with my VHOST configuration. If I # the http-vhosts.conf call in the http.conf file, and change the "Require local" to "Require all granted", I can view the main XAMPP page that comes with the install, so I know the server is configured correctly.

I have *NOT* made *ANY* changes to the main http.conf file that came installed with XAMPP. The only file I have changed is my file containing the VHOSTS information. Can someone *PLEASE* tell me what is wrong and causing this issue!?

I have TeamViewer installing on the development webserver, so if someone wants to try and assist that way, that option is available. Thank you in advance.

Code: Select all
<VirtualHost *:80>
   DocumentRoot "c:/xampp/htdocs"
   ServerName localhost
   ServerAlias localhost
   <Directory  "c:/xampp/htdocs">
   AllowOverride All
   Require local
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "c:/xampp/htdocs/vhosts/moparsunlimited"
   ServerName prod.moparsunlimited.org
   <Directory  "c:/xampp/htdocs/vhosts/moparsunlimited">
   AllowOverride All
   Require all granted
   </Directory>
   ErrorLog "logs/moparsunlimited-error.log"
   CustomLog "logs/moparsunlimited-access.log" common
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "c:/wamp/www/westcoastfiero"
   ServerName prod.westcoastfiero.com
   <Directory  "c:/wamp/www/westcoastfiero">
   AllowOverride All
   Require all granted
   </Directory>
   ErrorLog "logs/westcoastfiero-error.log"
   CustomLog "logs/westcoastfiero-access.log" common
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "c:/xampp/htdocs/vhosts/fieroswest"
   ServerName prod.fieroswest.org
   <Directory  "c:/xampp/htdocs/vhosts/fieroswest">
   AllowOverride All
   Require all granted
   </Directory>
    ErrorLog "logs/fieroswest-error.log"
    CustomLog "logs/fieroswest-access.log" common
</VirtualHost>
charlestwaters

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

Re: XAMPP & VHOSTS - Pulling my hair out....

Postby JJ_Tagy » 12. June 2015 23:10

You didn't specify WHAT you are trying to access, so we can only guess at the problem.

Are you running WAMP and XAMPP at the same time? You seem to have inconsistency in your file structure.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby charlestwaters » 13. June 2015 00:48

Negative! I am not running WAMP on that machine. I ran WAMP a LONG time ago, but like XAMPP more.

Trying to access any of the 3 server names listed in the VHOSTS file. If you try to access any of those from your machine, you will see what happens.
charlestwaters

Postby glitzi85 » 13. June 2015 01:48

Unfortunately, acessing the vhosts doesn't help us much. From outside it looks like either there is no folder UI in the respective directories or there is no index file inside this folder. Additionally you seem to either have removed or reconfigured the default 404 page (or the access to it).
Please post at least one of the error logs.
glitzi85

Postby JJ_Tagy » 13. June 2015 03:14

charlestwaters wrote:Negative! I am not running WAMP on that machine.

If that is the case, this will most likely cause problems with this particular vhost.

charlestwaters wrote:...
DocumentRoot "c:/wamp/www/westcoastfiero"
ServerName prod.westcoastfiero.com
<Directory "c:/wamp/www/westcoastfiero">
JJ_Tagy

Postby charlestwaters » 13. June 2015 04:25

Oh crap... that was an OLD configuration file I copied from. I will change it now, but it doesn't explain the other issue...
charlestwaters

Postby JJ_Tagy » 13. June 2015 04:49

No, but this may:
glitzi85 wrote:From outside it looks like either there is no folder UI in the respective directories or there is no index file inside this folder. Additionally you seem to either have removed or reconfigured the default 404 page (or the access to it).
Please post at least one of the error logs.

Locate and post the error and access logs.
JJ_Tagy

Postby Nobbie » 13. June 2015 11:29

charlestwaters wrote:Oh crap... that was an OLD configuration file I copied from. I will change it now, but it doesn't explain the other issue...

The other issue does not come from the VirtualHost Declaration, there is probably a .htaccess file inside that folder which contains a redirect to a /UI folder, which does not exist.

P.S.: As far as it looks, this message comes from a WD My Book Live Duo (a Cloud storage) or similar, so you either have a wrong portforwarding in your router or you have a strange redirect somewhere in your configuration. You must have mixed up a lot of things. Probably this message does not come from Xampps Apache. The directory /UI is only accessible from LAN (for security reasons).

See also http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live ... d-p/292784
Nobbie

Postby charlestwaters » 13. June 2015 19:15

You, sir, have just solved my issue!!!

I searched and searched and searched and searched for "/UI" in Google and got no response, so the only thing I could think of was it was something I had mis-configured within XAMPP. As soon as I logged in to my MyBookLive, I saw the /UI on the URL and knew right there that was the issue.

Funny thing though, I have had these two running on the same network previously at the ex's house. I simply moved them from one Comcast network router to another. I didn't open any ports at all for the WD (IP: .59). All port forwarding in the Comcast Router is set to allow everything to the Webserver (IP .200).

Either way, I will do some research on the WD now and figure out why it is trying to respond.

I *REALLY REALLY* appreciate it. I turned remote access off on the WD and poof - all three VHOSTS came up with no problem.

Have a GREAT weekend.
charlestwaters

Return to XAMPP for Windows