XAMPP on Windows Server 2012 autostart

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP on Windows Server 2012 autostart

Postby Bosnjanac » 10. June 2015 11:36

Hi all,

I have Windows 2012 Server and XAMPP for local intranet. I want to make XAMPP startup when computer starts. I try to make schedule task to start Apache and MySQL start when server starts.

I use a few method but none of them give me results.

First method was to make task to run apache_start and mysql_start .bat file. After restart of server none of service isn`t started and when I try to run servise using XAMPP control i get error that ports are used.

Second method was to make task to run xampp_start but Apache and MySQL insn`t started also.

Third method was to set Apache and MySQL to run when click on xampp_control. After that I set task to run on server start but still no results.

Can you please help me with this?

Regards
Bosnjanac

Operating System: Windows Server 2012

Re: XAMPP on Windows Server 2012 autostart

Postby Nobbie » 10. June 2015 12:08

Start it as a Windows Service. You have Xampp Control Panel (start it as Administrator), on the left side you have a checkbox for Apache, MySQL etc. to run it as service, check these, in the "Config" menu (button upper right corner) you can specify to start automatically on Startup.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows