My actions (What exactly do you do):
- I created a local.sql script from the website database management, that included drop database, create database, all inserts, check foreign keys, etc.
- I copied all files from the Wordpress folder (production), which are located on the server in the httdocs folder, to my local PC.
- In my local XAMPP with the Wordpress module installed, I can access the default Wordpress page by typing localhost/wordpress.
- I copy all Wordpress production files to my XAMPP Wordpress folder.
- I executed the local.sql script on my local XAMPP phpMyAdmin, the database is created.
- But when I try to access the XAMPP Wordpress, I get a database connection error.
- I did not change the default XAMPP passwords of MySQL or Apache.
What I like to archieve (expected answer):
Let my local Wordpress work, but how?
Received answers so far: