SQL Server Driver Installation for XAMPP 1.6.4

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

SQL Server Driver Installation for XAMPP 1.6.4

Postby paulmcco » 12. February 2015 05:32

Hello, I'm trying to install SQL Server drivers for use with SQL Server 2008 R2. MY OS is Windows XP SP3 so I cannot use most recent versions of XAMPP. See post on MSDN: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc296170.aspx. This post indicates that I need PHP 5.2.4 or less to install SQL Server drivers.

The problem I'm having is that after copying the drivers to the xampp/php/ext/ folder and adding the extension tags to the php.ini file, the extensions do not show up on the phpInfo() page...meaning they aren't installed and cannot be used...

How do I successfully install these extensions?

paulmcco

XAMPP Version: 1.6.3a
Operating System: Windows XP
paulmcco

Re: SQL Server Driver Installation for XAMPP 1.6.4

Postby paulmcco » 12. February 2015 07:40

Problem solved...
It turns out that the php configuration file(php.ini) can be found in two places in the XAMPP 1.6.4 installation directory. The first location is D:/xampp/php/php.ini, which is the file that the documentation and all forums suggest you modify in order to add the extensions...however, XAMPP 1.6.4 loads the php configuration file from the apache directory(D:/xamp/apache/bin/php.ini).

the topmost table of the phpInfo() page indicates the location of the loaded php configuration file ... table key: Loaded Configuration File
paulmcco

Return to XAMPP for Windows