How to Activate innodb_file_per_table Issue?!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to Activate innodb_file_per_table Issue?!

Postby klausveliu » 22. January 2015 11:08

Hello to everyone,
These days I have encountered an issue that I can't solve. My database uses innodb and now its size is going very "big" and foreign keys relationships are very much in numbers. When I backup it, the process is very fast about 5seconds, but the nightmares comes when I try to import/restore the .sql file. It can take up to 5 minutes and this is not normal because the database that I have created now is in the starting point of entering data. After many searches over internet I found a handy solution for my problem, that was a feature of mysql innodb_file_per_table. This feature as many of you may know puts all database information in one directory, so the backup/restore can be done just by copy/paste the database directory. My problem is that after many tries I can't activate this mysql feature on xampp.

Could someone help me with some advices how to enable innodb_file_per_table on XAMPP?
Thank you in advance! :)
klausveliu

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: How to Activate innodb_file_per_table Issue?!

Postby Nobbie » 22. January 2015 12:15

klausveliu wrote:My problem is that after many tries I can't activate this mysql feature on xampp.

What did you try exactly?
Nobbie

Re: How to Activate innodb_file_per_table Issue?!

Postby klausveliu » 22. January 2015 12:28

I tried to follow these steps
http://www.datavail.com/category-blog/innodb-conversion-to-file-per-table/
klausveliu

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows