Folder Xampp is lost

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Folder Xampp is lost

Postby tuvan » 03. January 2015 15:25

Hello,
I have install new xampp version 1.8.6 on my win XP. It located on D:/xampp2/

I started new Xampp, I get phpmyadmin error, so i tried to config the phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php. It show "access denied"
I recognize when i use Explore to go to "Upper" folder than htdocs (Xampp2 foder) I show "access denied".
Is It strange? Because, i used xampp 1.6 and i could explore any folder in xampp folder.

Then a nightmare begin, i reconize, D:/xampp2/ folder is lost, replaced by a file "xampp2"
here are some of the file xampp2 content.
Code: Select all
 PMA_token |s:32:"edb8c399c1ec1abe75223e61d7b9fc56";PMA_Theme_Manager|O:17:"PMA_Theme_Manager":7:{s:31:".....

It seem to things from phpmyadmin..
Now can can't access all things on folder xampp2.

Please help me to recover files! :(
tuvan

Operating System: Win xp

Re: Folder Xampp is lost

Postby Nobbie » 03. January 2015 20:19

tuvan wrote:Please help me to recover files! :(

Which files? You said "new Xampp", so simply delete everyting and try again. I cannot see, what to recover??
Nobbie

Re: Folder Xampp is lost

Postby tuvan » 04. January 2015 05:01

I mean i started "/xampp2/xampp_start.exe". After run, folder "xampp2" come to be a file "xampp2" . I couldn't access "xampp2" folder.
I think that is a crash.

Luckly, After chkdsk, windows delete the file xampp2, then i find all contents of xampp2 folder in found.00x folder

Thank you

Does anyone know, please tell me that if it's normal when xampp is running, i couldn't access any folder upper than "htdocs"? (such as "mysql" folder)?
I think I tried to access theme, so it make me crash.
tuvan

Operating System: Win xp

Return to XAMPP for Windows