Files with name.name.php Not Reading the StyleSheets

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Files with name.name.php Not Reading the StyleSheets

Postby RustyMetal » 31. December 2014 01:28

I am using Windows 7 x64 and the latest version of xampp (5.5.19 / PHP 5.5.19). Everything works fine, and it opens 'name.php' files and correctly reads style sheet declarations in the header. However, with the similar 'name.mobile.php' it opens the file but does not attach the the style sheets, etc.

I'm sure this is an easy edit to one of the config files to included xxx.ext.php with the .php extension, but I am a noob and not sure which file or which edit might fix this issue for me. I have looked at the config files when I changed my root directory to my website local dir, and done a cursory search of the forum, but I didn't see anything related to this issue.

Can someone help me out with this?
RustyMetal

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Re: Files with name.name.php Not Reading the StyleSheets

Postby RustyMetal » 07. January 2015 21:00

A week and 76 views, and nothing?

This seems like a very common issue. If Xampp won't do this, and I can't get any help correcting this Xampp error, Image then it's worthless to me. And I would think thousands of other people too. Image
RustyMetal

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Postby Nobbie » 07. January 2015 21:39

RustyMetal wrote:And I would think thousands of other people too. Image

Which "thousands of other people"?? None (Zero, Nil, 0,...) people answering here. Nothing. No agreement. Nothing.

Do you really believe, that this is a common problem to "thousands" of people?? Honestly: I do not.

The main problem is: this happens in your environment. Whatever happens there (i even dont know if you described it correctly), nobody does have your environment. And as it obviously DOES NOT happen to thousands and thousands of different people, we need to debug your installation or PC. And this is quit difficult, If you bring your PC to my home (in Germany), i definately swear(!), I would find out, what is going wrong there, But "remote debugging", without direct access to your hardware, is extremly extremly extremly difficult. I have no idea how to help you, sorry, but this is as it is.

Simply dont use these kind of names (i am pretty sure that there is no need to use filenames with several extensions serialized) and you are Ok. If you are sure, that this the only reason, why not simply changing your file names? By the way: I am pretty, that this is NOT a problem of the extensions and the filenames, it is a problem with any kind of configuration of the software you are running (Wordpress, Joomla or whatever), but for any reason, you do not tell us anything about your software.
Nobbie

Postby JJ_Tagy » 07. January 2015 22:02

I agree with Nobbie that it is not an XAMPP problem. I have a custom PHP database system that works just fine with '.' in the filename on a stock installation of XAMPP. Almost all my files are xxxx.tmpl.php for templates.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Return to XAMPP for Windows