Took me a bit to decide to post my problem here, as I feel my problem might be a bit...I do not know how to call it. But I better say what is about.
I installed Xampp now few days ago. As absolute beginner into this (web servers, php, MySql), I been struggling a bit, but, in the end, I managed to make a small test web page and I could even access it from exterior (not from my computer). This means that I have all the ports set correctly, all forwarded correctly thorough router, exceptions created in firewall...In one word, everything works fine. IF I use http://myexternalIP:81/mysite/mysite.html
As my external IP is not a static one and my ISP was offering free Dynamic DNS, I decided to choose that option, instead of getting a static IP. So, I went to my ISP site, as they told me, I activated my Dynamic DNS, chosen a domain and a subdomain. As my ISP says, I do not need to make any aditional changes in the router,PC, etc. and theoreticaly, using the www.myactualdomainname.com I should be able to see my web page just as using http://myexternalIP:81/mysite/mysite.html
As you could probably guessed already, this is not happening. Tried www.myactualdomainname.com:81, tried www.myactualdomainname.com:81/mysite, www.myactualdomainname.com:81/mysite/mysite.html . Nothing. I try again http://myexternalIP:81/mysite/mysite.html
Works. As far as I understood, it SHOULD work. Mainly, all I found on forums and tutorials says the same. But I keep looking at The webpage could not be found error.
I struggle with this for two days...I know some probably did struggled a lot more with maybe even more complex problems...but I would really apreciate if anyone can give me any sugestion about this small case of mine which starts to become quite frustrating.
Thank you very much for your attention!